It’s time to dive back into our early years with some Diablo 2 Resurrected. If you’re like many of us, it’s been years since you’ve played the game so you’re a bit rusty on how to build an efficient Sorceress. When you’re just starting, the Sorceress is one of the best classes to pick up so you can magic find (MF) effectively and gear up.
Of course, the optimal Sorceress skill tree to go down will be dependent on where you like to farm and what the monster immunities are. This guide will be going over the Blizzard Sorceress. It’s cheap and very effective, so it’s a fantastic build if you’re just starting out.
Not a huge fan of Blizzard? Make sure to also check out our Lightning Sorceress guide and Fire Sorceress guide!
Magic Finding Blizzard Sorc Guide – D2R
- 20 into Blizzard
- 20 into Ice Blast
- 20 into Glacial Spike
- 20 into Cold Mastery
- 20 into Ice Bolt
- 1 into Frozen Orb
- 1 into Telekensis (Needed to unlock Teleport but also very handy to open chests, etc.)
- 1 into Teleport
- 1 into Warmth
- 1 into Static Field (Use this on bosses to weaken them)
- 1 into Frozen Armor, Shiver Armor, and Chilling Armor
- Strength – Enough to wear your gear.
- Dexterity – None
- Vitality – All remaining points
- Energy – None
Since we’re not going an Energy Shield build, you don’t need to put any stats into Energy for more mana. When you’re all geared up, couples with Warmth and your merc gear, you’ll have plenty of mana to work with. In the early game, it’s okay to put some points in here if you plan on re-specing later on.
You’ll want to make sure you have max resistances. You can get extra resistances by saving Anya in Act 5 for every difficulty. If you’re still short of max, use some small charms, they can go up to 5 all resistances or 11% in a single resistance.
Equipment and Items
The below list is the optimal gear. If you’re just starting out, replace it with the best items you find throughout leveling.
- Helmet – Shako
- Amulet – Tal Rasha’s
- Armor – Tal Rasha’s
- Belt – Tal Rasha’s
- Gloves – Frostburn
- Boots – War Travelers
- Shield – Spirit Monarch (This is a cheap shield you can make early on in a 4 socket shield. It’s ideal to make it into a monarch but you’ll find plenty of the runes to make multiple if you need to upgrade later. The runes are Tal, Thul, Ort, Amn).
- Weapon – Occulus (You can also make a Spirit weapon early game. A crystal sword is a good option since it doesn’t require a lot of stats to equip).
- Rings – Nagel and Ravenfrost. The Ravenfrost will provide you with the ‘Can’t be Frozen’ mod which is very nice.
You’ll want an Act 2 mercenary so you can the Insight runeword which will be a huge benefit to your mana pool. When getting the mercenary, it’s best to get the Defensive aura one in Nightmare more. They’ll have Holy Freeze which slows down the enemies.
Helmet – Andariel’s
Armor – Ethereal Fortitude
Weapon – Ethereal Colussus Voulge Insight
Ethereal Insights are ideal since Ethereal weapons deal more damage and don’t lose durability while on mercenaries, but for starters you can go with a non-ethereal one. While you’re trying to gear up and can’t afford Andariel’s or Fortitude, equip the strongest armors you can find on him. Anything with resistances is a nice plus as well.
Best Magic Finding Areas For Blizzard Sorceress
When it comes to magic finding, the goal will be to find high density areas that are level 85 areas without any cold immunities.
- Cows – Always a classic option and Blizzard Sorceress’ do quite well in clearing them.
- Ancient Tunnels – Take the Lost City waypoint in Act 2 until you find the trap door.
- Pindle – Take Anya’s portal in Act 5.
- Mephisto – Utilize the ‘Moat Trick’ to kill Mephisto without taking any damage.
Needing more Diablo 2 Resurrected build guides? We have you covered!